Thursday, September 4, 2008

Inspirational Churg Strauss success story and video

Hello happy campers. Tummy troubles are keeping my baby girl home today, so I took some time to cruise for vasculitis information this morning. I ran into this little video about Irina Slutskaya, the Russian figure skater. Diagnosed with vasculitis in 2003, then one year later she returns to not only live her life, but also compete for gold medals, and win them. Wow.

Irina once met with CSSA founder Jane Dion to share her success story. (If I can find that article, I will post a link here.)

The person who posted the video below said this: "I used the promotional album of Anastasia by David Newman, an animated film made by FOX (not Disney) in 1997.
Irina's story is a story of resurrection, just like Anastasia's. Diagnosed with vasculitis in 2003, many thought she'd never skate again. Prayers went out that she might one day live a normal life, let alone skate. She proved them wrong by coming back in 2004 and was undefeated in 2004-05 season, and earned her second world championship. Truly an inspiration."

No comments: