Friday, November 14, 2008

CNMVF Monthly Report - November 2008 Meeting

Hello all,

Joseph Carpenter here with what is cooking at the CNMVF. My full report is being sent to the CNMVF Google Group, which is our own private little listserv. You can view posts, and you can send them to the group as well from your Email account or on the web.

Who sees that Group? The same folks you can meet at a monthly chapter meeting are the same folks you might trade vasculitis "secrets" with anyway! Speaking of which... here is what is going on...

*November 2008 Chapter Meeting Summary*
We had our second meeting, which is slowly becoming a monthly event. We met on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 6PM at the Albuquerque Grill.

I attempted to contact 22 patients from within a 70 mile radius of Albuquerque. A few had numbers that were out of service, most I left messages for, and a few I had the pleasure of talking with personally. Of those I spoke with, all were very happy to hear about the local chapter. I think the chapter meeting this past Thursday was just short notice for most people. We will meet again next month, so I hope to meet more of you then. More information about the next meeting at the end of this report.

---
MORE GOOD STUFF APPEARS IN THIS SPACE IN THE FULL REPORT
Like what?
Like more details about the meeting and what we learned about one another...
Like about a form of vasculitis most of us never heard of...
Like about a *New VF Member* ...
Like about the *NM Vasculitis Doctors List*...
Like about *Pain therapy for Peripheral Neuropathy* ...
Like about *Blogging is Therapy*
Like about *Online Medical Research*
---


Then you get to see the rest here... lucky you!

*Next Chapter Meeting*
This is now scheduled for December 11th at 6PM. For now I will keep that location at the Albuquerque Bar & Grill, 1015 Rio Grande Blvd. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104. Just South of I-40 on Rio Grande Blvd. You should see an announcement in the mail sometime next week, and with luck, we will get more members to attend next time. I look forward to meeting more of you.

Well folks, it is the end of my day, and I have to go meet some people for a movie. What? You think I have no life? Ha! I say,,, Ha! :o)

Have a great weekend, and I hope to see you next month!

To view the redacted portion of this most interesting and informative report :o), you need to subscribe to the CNMVF Google Group.

: Joseph Carpenter
Joseph Carpenter
Email
Parent, daughter with CSS (DX March '08)
Central NM Vasculitis Foundation Chapter
http://www.nmvasculitis.org

*Hey! You can get this kind of news sent to you automatically in your Email
inbox.*

Just head on over to
http://groups.google.com/group/cnmvf.

Then subscribe to the CNMVF Google Group and once I approve your membership, you will be able to view a copy of the posts according to your preferences. You can get them delivered to your inbox, or you can just review them online and get no Email at all. It is up to you. You can also use that to send mail to the CNMVF Google Group yourself to ask a question of the group, or just let off some steam, whatever you think the group can help you with. If you decide to opt out later, you can do that too. I wanted to set it up this way so you can manage your privacy settings yourself.

No comments: