Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday meetings for 2012? What do you say?

I am looking to move chapter meetings to weekends in 2012. My schedule during the week is not allowing me to keep up the Thursday meeting time, and to be honest, not many people showed up regularly. A few came several times, and we had some nice visits. I look forward to seeing you guys and hearing how you are doing.

Would you like to meet on Saturday afternoons? Deli-berry is not open on Sundays, and I prefer to keep that day for myself anyway. What remains is your feedback.

Which is best for you on a Saturday?

  • Early afternoon
  • Late afternoon
  • Early evening

Maybe Saturday meetings will also be easier for our younger members as well. In addition to our older patients, there are at least three now under eighteen, and one of you is just nineteen. Perhaps the younger crowd could get to know each other, and invite others who they meet at the docs office, etc.? Besides, what kid would not want a frozen yogurt on a Saturday?

Once I hear back from you, I will use that feedback to make up a schedule for the rest of 2012.

  • Definitely at Deli-berry. 
  • Probably once a month on Saturdays.
  • Most likely the second Saturday of every month. 
  • Consider that tentative until I hear back from you.

Hopefully more of you can make it to a Saturday meeting. If not, then I am also available by Telephone, Email, Skype, Google Chat, and Magic Mirror. (Just seeing if you were you paying attention.) Seriously though, I will be happy to meet you by appointment if you cannot make a meeting and need to talk about whatever, or just want to have lunch sometime. You are not alone.

I also look forward to hearing your stories, or reading them if you do not do a video and choose to send me a photo with your written story instead. Not a good writer? Worried about the spelling? Do not fear, I will help you with that too if you want help. Let me take notes or record the audio while you tell your story. I can help you get it down on paper, then we can work together to make it a good one before you share it.

Check out the Vasculitis Foundation Video Project to promote awareness. You can learn more about that on the Vasculitis Foundation Awareness YouTube Channel.

No comments: