Monday, August 16, 2010

Prayer request for Haley

Call it prayer, or call it well wishes if you like. Call it sending positive energy, or depending on your faith, do whatever works for you.

I became aware of a new patient today. While we are always responsive to new patients and get them as much information as possible, most often I am contacted by adult patients who are already stable.

In this case, a ten year old girl is in the hospital with Wegeners Granulomatosis. She was diagnosed almost one month ago. She has kidney involvement, and she just had a stroke that affected her brain. Her aunt who called me, tells me the next 72 hours are key for her.

She is seeing the rheumatologist I might recommend to her, who is Courtney Johnson at UNM Children's Hospital.

Her current condition is critical. So, I am doing something I do not always do... I am asking you all to pray for Haley. I have not yet spoken to her parents, so am not at liberty to discuss her full name or details at this time.

However, I feel compelled to ask you to send out whatever positive thoughts you can to a young girl named Haley in hopes that she will pull through this stroke. If you wish to document your well wishes, comment or reply to this blog entry, and I will make sure your words get to the family.

Remember also that we have a chapter meeting on Thursday. It is possible Haley's aunt may be there. If you think you might have something to offer this family by way of support, please consider coming to that meeting. Let me know if you plan to go.

--
Joseph Carpenter
Parent, daughter with CSS (DX March '08)
New Mexico Chapter Leader

Email, Fax, Phone and Postal mail: http://www.nmvasculitis.org/Home/about-cnmvf/contact
Central NM Vasculitis Foundation Chapter - http://www.nmvasculitis.org
Vasculitis Foundation - http://www.vasculitisfoundation.org

2 comments:

Joseph Carpenter said...

We have had some responses to this call for support.

====================

Thanks Joseph. I will pray for her...I hope she will be seen by Dr. Johnson soon! I also have a great Kidney doc if there is a need.

Karla

FYI: Karla's great kidney doc is Lucy Fox, MD.

====================

My prayers are there and I'm passing the word along to friends for Haley
Bonnie

====================

I will keep her in my prayers.

Shannon

Shannon Morgan
Chapter and New Patient Support Coordinator
Vasculitis Foundation
Phone: 561-732-6744
vfpatientsupport@aol.com
www.VasculitisFoundation.org

====================

August 16, 2010 4:36 PM

Joseph Carpenter said...

Oh, Joseph, my heart goes out to Haley and her family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Dovya