Thursday, September 17, 2009

September Chapter Meeting Report

Location:
McAlister's Deli
2200-A Louisiana Boulevard, NE
Albuquerque NM 87110

Attendees:
Joseph Carpenter
Meaghan Carpenter

I will keep this short because Meaghan is not feeling well.

We enjoyed the change of pace here at McAllisters. They have booths or chairs and free wireless. It is also not too busy in the evenings, so this is a good place.

The menu is varied enough that someone could have a full dinner, soup, sandwich, or just a cup of coffee or tea. The point is I like to pick places that have a range of price options.

The Uptown Mall is a bit more upscale than some other places, but I will keep looking in this area for next months meeting. I like that is is centrally located. While The Albuquerque Grill was technically more centrally located if you look at the absolute center of the city, this uptown mall area has three malls and is well known by everyone who lives in the area.

We will be exploring other venues and also we will be going to social events. Like movies, the zoo, etc. My thought there is any active members will share in the decision about where we go each month. We will wear VF gear and just keep spreading the word about vasculitis. Just like we do just about every day.

I wear the VF pin every day and people ask me about that, which leads to a conversation about vasculitis. Not sure how widely that spreads the news, but I figure every bit helps.

I also spoke to some booth bolders at the NM State Fair yesterday, and learned who the significant people are to talk to when we get ready to try that. This year I just could not see manning a booth by myself for two weeks. Plus there is a booth fee, and we have no budget. But that is on the list for the future.

Perhaps I could trade time for space in a deal where we man someone else's booth for part of the time, and in return they allow us to put VF information on their table. I will speak to American Red Cross, etc, about that idea for future events.

Anyway, we are off to look at the bookstore. See you next month!

:Joseph W. Carpenter
Chapter Cook and Dish Washer in Chief

No comments: